ANOC General Assemblies
• Agenda of the ANOC Extraordinary General Assembly Lausanne 2013
• Report of the ANOC Secretary General - Gunilla Lindberg
• New ANOC Constitution approved on June 15th by the ANOC Extraordinary General Assembly
• Proposals for the Modernization of ANOC approved on June 15th by the ANOC Extraordinary General Assembly
• PPT Presentation of Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee Part I - Part II - Part III
• PPT Presentation of Nanjing 2014 Organizing Committee
• PPT Presentation of Rio 2016 Organizing Committee Part I - Part II
• PPT Presentation of PyeongChang 2018 Organizing Committee
• PPT Presentation of Lillehammer 2016 Organizing Committee
• PPT Presentation by Olympic Solidarity
• PPT Presentation by World Anti-doping Agency (WADA - AMA)
For this Extraordinary edition of the ANOC General Assembly, all participants were invited to Lausanne, the Olympic Capital and home of the ANOC Headquarters.
After the Reception, on Friday June 14th, hosted by City of Lausanne and Canton de Vaud, which opened the program of the event, representatives of the 201 National Olympic Committees, International Federations, Organizing Committees for Olympic Games and Members of the International Olympic Committee were invited on June 15 to the Beaulieu Congress Center for the ANOC Extraordinary General Assembly.
On the Agenda for this meeting, two resolutions were submitted to the vote of the 201 National Olympic Committees present. First, the project of the new ANOC Constitution drafted by the Juridical Commission of ANOC these past few months was adopted. Link to ANOC New Constitution
The second resolution consisted of recommendations put forward by the Modernization Commission for the future work of ANOC, which were unanimously approved by the NOCs. Link to the Recommendations
During the second part of the Extraordinary General Assembly, the participants had the opportunity to view the presentations of the three Candidates Cities for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games: Istanbul, Tokyo and Madrid, before the final vote which is to take place on September 7, 2013 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Organizing Committees for the Olympic Games of Sochi 2014 (Winter), Rio 2016 (Summer), PyeongChang 2018 (Winter) and the Youth Olympic Games of Nanjing 2014 (Summer) and Lillehammer 2016 (Winter) made presentations of their projects for all participants.
On Sunday, June 16th, all NOC representatives were welcomed to the new ANOC House. Although the house itself is currently under renovation, the Garden welcomed all attendees with sunshine and delicious food. It was a beautiful day in Lausanne and the best way to end the Extraordinary General Assembly.
ANOC would like to thank all the representatives of the National Olympic Committees for their presence, the International Olympic Committee for its support, and the City of Lausanne as well as the Canton de Vaud Authorities for their help over the past months in the organization of this Extraordinary General Assembly.
The XVIII General Assembly of ANOC and the 2nd World Olympic Sport Convention held from the 13th to the 17th of April 2012 in Moscow gathered nearly 1,200 participants, among other the representatives of the 203 National Olympic Committees as well as 170 Ministers and representatives of governmental sports authorities.
On 14th April 2012, for the first time in an ANOC General Assembly, the cities bidding to host the Summer Olympic Games of 2020 (Istanbul, Tokyo, Baku, Doha, Madrid) had the opportunity to present their projects to all participants.
Presentations by the various Olympic Games Organizing Committees put the final touch to the XVIII edition of the General Assembly, especially with the presentation from London 2012, as the city is to welcome in nearly 3 months time the athletes coming from the whole world.
The 2nd World Olympic Sport Convention gathered for 2 days the National Olympic Committees and Representatives of the Governments in charge of Sports, who agreed on the importance of good working relations and the need for collaboration between the NOCs and the Governments for a positive development of the Olympic Movement.
Read ANOC's Press Release: 2nd World Olympic Sport Convention
Documents of the XVIII ANOC General Assembly Moscow 2012 - Reports and Presentations:
• Agenda of the XVIII ANOC General Assembly Moscow 2012
• Report by the Vice-President of Africa - Lassana Palenfo
• Report by the Vice-President of America - Julio Cesar Maglione
• Report by the Vice-President of Asia - Raja Randhir Singh
• Report by the Vice-President of Europe - Patrick J. Hickey
• Report by the Vice-President of Oceania - Robin Mitchell
• Report by the ANOC Secretary General - Gunilla Lindberg
• Report by Michael Chambers: Fight Against Irregular and Illegal Betting
• Amendments of ANOC Statutes
Documents of the 2nd World Olympic Sport Convention Moscow 2012 - Reports and Presentations:
• Agenda of the 2nd World Olympic Sport Convention Moscow 2012
• Presentation of Mr Peng Liu, President of the Chinese Olympic Committee, Relations between NOCs and Government – Support Each Other with Self Functioning Promote Each Other towards Common Development
• Presentation of the Minister of Gabon - Collaboration entre les Comités Nationaux Olympiques et les Gouvernements (French Version)
• Presentation of the Secretary of State Portugal - The Member States and the Olympic Movement